Like every year, the 2015 Emmy Awards is likely to be an extravagant affair. Our very own TV stars are going to walk down the red carpet in their best clothes and we are sure many are going to make heads turn. With the nominations just being officially announced, the fervor is slowly building up for the 20thSeptember event. Like always there is already much talk about how stars are going to make their red carpet entry. We too are equally excited and thus have listed 7 celebrity nominations who we are expecting to sizzle in the red carpet event.
1. Robin Wright – Last year she was one of the strongest contenders for the Best Actress award for House of Cards, but even without the trophy in hand she was marked winner by many because of her daring red carpet appearance. The backless all-white jumpsuit from Ralph Laurenmade sure everyone noticed her. We are hoping to see a repetition of last year. Remember she already has the nomination for the TV series and we are hoping she’s bag the award as well.
2. Zoe Kazan – The pretty 31-year-old lass has been nominated for ‘Olive Kitteridge’ in the outstanding supporting actress in a limited series or a movie category. She is one celebrity who doesn’t grace the red carpet often but when she does it’s always a pleasure. From going monochromatic to wearing colorful frocks and also two-piece gowns, she has vowed us in different ways. We are keeping our fingers crossed for this year’s red carpet walk.
3. Emilia Clarke – She literally brings alive DaenerysTargaryenin the HBO show ‘Game of Thrones’and off-screen too she is often seen in sparkling outfits. We haven’t forgotten her Rosie Assoulin lookfor the premiere of the film ‘Terminator: Genisys L.A.’recently. She looked equally enchanting a couple of years back in 2013’sEmmy Awards where she was dressed in a Donna Karan Atelierchalk blue silk georgette gown. What’s in store for her fans this time around, we wonder?
4. Taraji P. Henson – If Taraji wins the Best Actress award at the Emmy’s this year, she’s make history to be the first African American to best the prestigious award (also in contention for the same title is Viola Davis for ‘How to Get Away With Murder’). While she is doing wonders on-screen, even otherwise Henson is known for experimenting with her looks off-screen. That’s the reason why we are expecting something big from this 44-year-old.
5. Viola Davis– She is one of the favorite nominees this year and if she wins (along with Henson’s) it will go down in Emmy’s history. While we all know how powerful an actress Davis is, its usually her elegant red carpet appearances we keenly await for. We know this lady doesn’t mind experimenting with colors and thus we are hoping she rocks her look the coming September as well.
6. Elizabeth Banks – Banks has her nominations secured (for comedy series ‘Modern Family’) but we are hoping she kills it on the red carpet itself. We have always seen this pretty lady in gowns and dresses that complement her figure and thus have high expectations from her.
7. Katy Perry –Can we dare leave Katy Perry out of the list? No, we can’t. That’s because she had tried it all, done it all when it comes to fashion. This year she has an Emmy nomination for her Super Bowl halftime performance and so we are expecting the singer to sparkle and sizzle in the red carpet.