Crystals have made a spectacular comeback into people’s lives and you can see everyone from celebs to the girl next door adorning crystal and gemstone jewelry. As much as crystals are colorful and make for some great style statement, the underlying reason why most people choose crystals doesn’t have anything to do with fashion but with belief. Crystal healing is an effective practice that has been promoted by traditional healers from time immemorial. Mention of energy crystals and how they can help heal a person emotionally, mentally and physically has been found in different cultures. If Indians believe in chakra healing through the use of crystals then the Chinese practice healing using crystals. Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, and many other cultures have traditionally believed in the power of crystals.
Meaning of Crystals
Crystals are solid rocks formed naturally over millions of years. They have repeated patterns that are formed by how molecules stay connected. Each crystal has a unique structure and if a rock doesn’t have any unique structure then it cannot be categorized as a crystal. For example, granite isn’t a crystal because it doesn’t have a unique structure. Crystals can be colorful as well as being devoid of any color, depending on how it was formed.
Types of Crystals
Crystals are naturally formed under varying climatic conditions, over many thousands of years and under different situations and that’s why there are various types of crystals that have been identified by mankind. Each type of crystal is known for its differing properties. Below we mention some of the popular types of crystals known to us.
• Rose Quartz – The pretty pink colored quartz is known for its power over love. The crystal helps open the heart.
• Calcite – A mostly colorless crystal, also found in white, gray, red, yellow, blue and orange color. Calcite is popularly known to bring mental clarity and helps one focus on love and abundance.
• Citrine – The golden yellow colored crystal is one of the meditation crystals popularly used worldwide. This crystal helps to promote mental clarity, willpower, and confidence.
• Amethyst – The purple colored stone has been honored from time immemorial for its uplifting crystal properties. The gemstone helps to improve sleep, mood and also helps align the crown chakra.
• Aventurine - This silvery green colored stone is known for its power to bring wealth and abundance into a wearer’s life.
• Tiger’s Eye - The crystal that will immediately remind anyone of a tiger’s eye is a powerful stone that helps align the root chakra and keeps a wearer grounded and safe.
• Labradorite – Labradorite is found in various colors and is a crystal that helps a wearer understand his passion and intuition.
Best Ways to Use Crystals
There are various ways to use crystals especially when you want to be benefitted by them. If you want the crystals energy to vibrate through your body all through the day, the best way is by wearing them as jewelry. You can easily shop for them online in exclusive jewelry stores such as www.gemexi.com. However, if you wish to experience the power of meditation crystals, you can also hold the right stone in your hand and meditate.
There is a lot more you can know about crystals and what we have mentioned in this article is just a small part.