‘At the turn of a new season, fashion designers are up in a frenzy getting their collections displayed and expecting thunderous applause. Fashion changes with every season and leading fashion designers and fashion houses ensure that this remains so. Thus if last season everyone was going crazy over a new color that looks on every dress, this season it is probably about a new ‘cut’ that suits the thin and the plump alike. If you are a fashion aficionado, it is important that you stay attuned with the latest developments in the fashion industry.
But as we see in the above quote by Yves Saint Laurent, fashion is something that will eventually fade away. As soon as a new season will come new cuts, new trends and new colors will dominate the market. The question that naturally comes to the mind during such times is - is it possible to remain ‘in fashion’ forever. The answer to that would be no, you cannot unless you are a film star or a model. So what remains if fashion doesn’t stay forever? The answer is again answered by the famous fashion designer Laurent. He says that style is eternal. At some point in life, all of us want to be stylish and not fashionable. Remember all those times when you opened your grandmother’s or mother’s trunk of clothes because your clothes didn’t just look right for the ‘occasion’? Don’t we all regard the older generation’s clothes as a stylish treasure?
Is it the same case with jewelry as well? Can we term jewelry as a season’s fashion or as an ageless style? Probably both, if you are talking about trinkets that are easily available. But when you are talking about gemstones, gold, silver or platinum – these are always about style and rarely about fashion. That’s because gemstones and expensive metal last a lifetime and even more.
Gold is undoubtedly a precious metal and one of the most expensive kinds. No wonders countries with huge gold reserves are considered rich. But when it comes to wearing gold as an ornament, there is one thing that stops many of us from regularly using it. That’s the glossy, shiny color of the metal. Gold’s distinctive color and luster make it impossible to wear it with everything. Luckily we have an alternative in the form of sterling silver. Sterling silver is lustrous but also has sheen. You can easily wear gemstones on sterling silver for every occasion. You can wear sterling silver at the office, to the party and even for important meetings.
Sterling silver is actually a mixture of fine silver and other metal alloys. Sterling silver has 92.5% pure silver and the remaining percentage is another alloy. Usually, the remaining 7.5% is made of copper that makes the jewelry durable. If you want to know whether jewelry is made of sterling silver, you can flip the metal and see whether a mark with 925 is written somewhere or not. The number’s indication of its purity. The combination of silver and metal enables jewelers to create lasting, durable jewelry sets that are shiny and which can be easily mistaken for any expensive metal.
While sterling silver as jewelry looks amazing in itself, its look and design get accentuated when it’s teamed up with gemstones. Gemstones are known for their uniqueness. They sparkle, they shine and they automatically make a person look beautiful. And when gemstones are combined with sterling silver, the results are simply amazing. From bangles to beads, bracelets to earrings, necklaces, pendants, rings, and another jewelry set – everything looks amazing. You can choose to wear a simple sterling silver earring with blue turquoise enamel or an earring with natural freshwater white pearls and that will be enough to make you stand out from the crowd.
Jewelry made of sterling silver is increasingly becoming popular the world over. There are certain kinds of gemstones that are more popular and are commonly used for making fashionable, stylish ornaments. Emerald Jewelry, Scenic Dendritic Agate Jewelry, Cacoxenite Jewelry, Botswana Agate Jewelry, Copper Turquoise Jewelry, Ethiopian Opal Jewelry, Mexican Laguna Jasper Jewelry, and Rainbow Topaz Jewelry are some of the popular gemstone jewelry available in the market.
Another reason why sterling silver and gemstone jewelry are becoming extremely popular is that they are cost-effective. You don’t need to spend a fortune to buy them and hence make an appreciable collection. Many women make a collection such that they wear a new jewelry set every day of the week. Mixing and matching are also one of the common trends with this jewelry.
So next time, you want to dress up, remember that it’s more worthwhile to be stylish rather than follow a fashion trend.
0 CommentsWrite Comments