Know Your Gemstone ColourBy Gemexi Team | Gemology
- Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2015
The gemstone world is a truly exciting place with each unleashing a vibrant shade of meaning to the wearer. Below are some of the most popular gemstones and what their colours symbolize -
- Red Gemstones- This category includes Zicron, Tourmaline, Spinel, Ruby, Garnet and Andesine. The colour red symbolizes vitality, action, courage and joy.
- Pink Gemstones- This category includes Tourmaline, Spinel, Garnet, Rhodolite, Rose Quartz, Morganite and Kunzite. The colour pink symbolizes beauty and love.
- Blue Gemstones - This category includes Flourite, Kyanite, Lolite, Rainbow moonstone, Paraiba Tourmaline, Lapis Lazuli, Sapphire and Aquamarine. The blue colour symbolizes youth and peace.
- Green Gemstones - This category includes Agate, Sapphire, Jade, Peridot, Garnet, Emerald and Ruby Zoisite. The green colour symbolizes fertility, nature and well-being.
- Yellow Gemstones - This category includes Diamond, Agate, Quartz, Orthoclase, Fire Opal and Sapphire. The yellow colour symbolizes intellectual energy and creativity.
- Purple Gemstones - This category includes Chalcedony, Sapphire, Tourmaline, Spinel, Fluorite and Amethyst. The purple colour symbolizes good judgement, royalty, magic and mystery.
- Orange Gemstones - This category includes Andesine, Citrine, Star Moonstone, Imperial Topaz, Zircon and Tourmaline. The orange colour symbolizes power, vitality and endurance.
- White Gemstones - This category includes Agate, Quartz, Jade, Fire Opal, Topaz, Moonstone, Zircon, Sapphire and Diamond. The white colour symbolizes kindness, purity and cleanliness.
- Brown Gemstones- This category includes Imperial Topaz, Tourmaline, Agate, Tigers Eye and Smoky Quartz. The brown colour symbolizes order and convention.
- Grey Gemstones - This category includes Spinel, Tourmaline and Fluorite. The grey colour symbolizes a willingness to comply, security and maturity.
- Black Gemstones - This category includes Sapphire, Agate, Onyx, Tourmaline and Diamond. The black colour symbolizes earth, death and stability.